Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I remember...

{Pain may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5}
 ..................................................................................................................

I remember finding out we were pregnant...

I remember the December day we found out something might be wrong...

I remember the pain of the amniocentesis...

I remember finding out the results.  Something was definitely wrong, but what...

I remember all the testing and piles of medical bills...

I remember the countless times they asked me to abort you...

I remember giving you a chance a life...

I remember the tears, the prayers...

I remember the way you moved...

I remember the day they told us you were gone...

I remember believing for a miracle...

I remember the Sunday morning that my water broke...

I remember the pain of labor...

I remember you being born...

I remember the last time I saw you...

I remember the pain of not getting to hold you...

I remember the haunting question "why?"...

I remember the funeral and what I wore...

I remember the pain, the heartache, the brokenness...

I remember the empty feeling...

But......

I also remember the peace that passed all understanding...

I remember the comfort of the Father...

I remember the faith that stood the test of time...

I remember how He is carrying us through...

I remember that His glory will and is being shown...

I remember finding out we were pregnant with your sister...

I remember seeing time and again His faithfulness through her ultrasounds...

I remember hearing her cry for the first time...

I remember the overwhelming joy of holding her for the first time...

I remember how bittersweet that moment was...

I remember that joy comes in the morning...



We've had a lot of "joyful mornings" since that horribly painful night and I'm so thankful for each and every one.  Tomorrow morning will hold yet another joyful morning.  Baby boy will be making his debut!! Seven years ago was the hardest day of my life, but joy comes in the morning...


Happy birthday baby girl!! Love you forever, miss you always...





No comments:

Post a Comment